The Summit Creative Award is exclusively for firms with annual billings below $30 million. Some organizations are limited to lower maximum billings. To determine eligibility for a company that does not fall clearly into one of the below categories, e-mail email@example.com or call 503-297-9979.
|Organization||Maximum Size (in millions)|
|Advertising & Digital Agencies, PR, advertisers (in-house marketing depts.), multimedia/interactive firms||$30|
|Video/audio production, web developers, animators, media company||$25|
|Graphic design, non-profits||$20|
|Creative boutiques (creative only no production/media), commercial art/photography||$15|
- Entries must be produced within the last two calendar years up through the final deadline.
- Entries may not have been previously entered in the SCA competition unless 51% of the work has been revised.
- All entries must be submitted for judging exactly as published, aired or implemented and may not be modified for awards. The SIA may request proof of initial production, publication and/or air date.
- A written translation or adaptation must accompany non-English entries.
- Some entries may qualify for multiple categories; if so, treat each entry as a separate submission.
- Industry Self-promotion and Public Service must be submitted in said categories only. Admin will move if entered into other categories.
- The awards reserves the right to re-categorize incorrectly classified entries.
- Judges reserve the right to withhold an award in a category if submissions do not meet their expectations.
- The SIA reserves final determination on eligibility.
- Single Entry is one piece of creative execution, ie. TV spot, website, outdoor, direct mail, logo, poster, etc.
- Single-medium Campaign Entries consists of at least two separate executions in one medium.
- Integrated/Mixed Media Campaign Entries consists of at least one execution in two or more media.
Campaigns must have been developed with a common theme. Multi-item submissions entered as single entries are either separated and considered single entries or reclassified as a campaign. You will be contacted if additional fees apply.
Student entrants must be full- or part-time students. Work may be created for the SCA or submitted from prior school projects or competitions. Work developed for paying clients must be entered in other categories using standard entry fees.
- Provide the number of creative samples needed for the jury to evaluate the entry without being redundant.
- To be in compliance with the Summit Awards’ blind-judging policy, remove entering company name/logo from each submission.
Size: Keep uploads under 100 megs.
Images: jpeg, jpg, gif, png
Documents: pdf, doc
Audio: mp3, aac, amr, flac, wma, wav, m4a, m4p
Video: flv, mp4, mkv, 3gp, mpg, mpeg, mov, avi, wmv
Do not submit files which force judges to install or locally-download including .exe, .zip, .tar, .tgz, .taz, .z, or .gz. Email us with questions or to suggest workarounds.
- Keep files under 100 megs or host on outside server and provide direct URL. Upload both a representative visual (jpg screenshot) as well as commercial/video program.
- Save and upload as individual jpgs or one pdf.
Websites, Online Entry, PR, Online Application Preparation
- Upload a representative screenshot of the homepage (jpg), landing, app or open screen.
- Submit URL in field.
- For apps, experiential, or other non-linear execution not accessible via URL, provide a short video, PowerPoint or another demonstration method to help present the submission.