The Summit Marketing Effectiveness Award (Summit MEA) allows marketing and advertising companies to demonstrate their ability to influence consumer’s knowledge, attitudes and beliefs.
- Summit MEA is open to both individuals, and companies of any size.
- All work submitted must have been completed within the last two calendar years up through the final deadline.
- Entries may not have been previously entered in the Summit MEA competition unless 51% of the work has been revised.
- All entries must be submitted for judging exactly as published, aired or implemented and may not be modified for awards. The SIA may request proof of initial production, publication and/or air date. The awards may request proof of initial production, publication and/or air date.
- A written translation or adaptation must accompany non-English entries.
- There is no limit to the number of entries a contestant may enter.
- Some entries may qualify for multiple categories; if so, treat as separate submissions.
- The Awards and its jury reserve the right to reclassify entries if incorrectly entered or are deemed to be more competitive elsewhere.
- Judges reserve the right to make no award in a category if submissions do not meet their expectations.
- We respect and acknowledge the intellectual copyright of the entering firms’ creative work and we will fully protect those rights.
- Single Entry is one piece of creative execution, ie. brochure, website, annual report, TV spot, logo, website, outdoor, direct mail.
- Campaigns consist of at least two separate executions in one or more media.
- Late December/Early January
Each Summit MEA entry is accompanied by its project overview: Background/Overview, audience, competitive landscape, constraints/limitations, objective, strategies & desired response, creative execution, and results. For specific overview information, log in to the Summit Awards’ Entry Platform.
Project details may include:
Background/Overview/Historic details, Project Story, Audience, Competitive landscape, Constraints/Limitations, Objectives, Strategies, Creative execution, Results.
Size: Keep uploads under 100 megs.
Images: jpeg, jpg, gif, png
Documents: pdf, doc
Audio: mp3, aac, amr, wma, wav, m4a, m4p
Video: flv, mp4, mkv, 3gp, mpg, mpeg, mov, avi, wmv
Do not submit files which force judges to install or locally-download including .exe, .zip, .tar, .tgz, .taz, .z, or .gz. Email us with questions or to suggest workarounds.
- Upload screenshot – jpg, gif, png (for visual thumbnail).
- Upload Video/Commercial/Audio file or host on an outside server (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)
- One-sided creative (ads, logos, posters, etc.) upload jpg.
- Two-sided or multi-page creative samples, send multiple jpgs or combine them into one multi-page pdf.
(Provide all pages of item vs a photo taken to display it. Juries need the option to read and not just view as a presentation.)
Websites, Online Entry, PR, Online Application Preparation
- Upload screenshot of homepage/open screen for thumbnail **and**
- Input URL address in the provided field.
(For Apps/Interactive – Do not require judges to download and launch. Alternatively, provide short video, screen capture, or other visual presentation (video, pdf, ppt), to demonstrate app/interactive. Provide any needed UN and passwords.