Summit Creative Award
Winners are scheduled for announcement in June of each year. The exact date is fluid and contingent on the judging timeline.
** UPDATE** We’re on target for a June 28th winner announcement.
What are the levels of winning and how many awards are given in the SCA competition?
- Best of Show
The number of awards presented each year in the Creative Awards depends on the number of submissions in a given category, scoring range and ties.
According to the SIA bylaws, there can be no more than the following:
- 79-85% of all submissions do not receive recognition.
- 7-9% Bronze
- 6-8% Silver
- 1-3% Gold No Gold will be given in the event entries do not meet minimum scoring qualifications.
- Best of Show awards are determined from eligible, competing Gold winning entries: Print, Design, Broadcast, Industry Specific Marketing, Interactive Media, Industry Self-promotion, Public Service and Campaign. Occasionally there will be a Judges Choice special recognition bestowed.
- In order to ensure impartiality, the awards scores on a curve with minimum standard requirements. Percentage models, or stair-step scoring systems, (100-90, 89-80) are not considered to be reputable evaluation systems by the Summit International Awards.
The 2017 year there were approximately 7% Finalist, 4% bronze, 6% silver, 2% gold, .01 Best of Show/ Judge’s Choice.
The 2018 year there were approximately 1% finalist, 4% bronze, 5% silver, 1% gold, .005 Best of Show/Judge’s Choice.
Interactive displays, kiosks, presentations, press events have more flexibility in how they are presented so that we are able to share the project with the Jury in as realistic way as possible.
It can be helpful to develop a short video or a PowerPoint in order to help present the project. Other times, entrants have created a microsite taking the judges through the various phases, etc.
Summit Creative Award: Submissions are judged on strength of concept, quality of execution and ability to persuade. Respected creative professionals with a depth of industry experience sit on three judging panels: Design, Broadcast and Interactive Media. The Creative Award employs blind judging: company names are withheld. Judging takes place in June. All entrants are notified of award results electronically in late-June, and winners are mailed a winner packet.
Each category employs slightly different judging criteria, however, broadly, the following is the SCA judging criteria:
The strength of Concept/Ideation/Big Idea (originality and uniqueness of approach, message targeting and honing, the synergy between concept, copy and layout/execution) 1-20 pts. Quality of Execution (How well the idea was executed (visual appeal, the tone of voice, chosen media, placement, etc.) 1-10 pts. Ability to Persuade (How well did the creative move the target audience closer to the action or a encourage a change in thoughts) 1-10 pts. Judges Power Points (used at the discretion of judges to boost certain submission which they identify as exemplary) – 0-10 pts.
Trophies are custom-made per our winners’ requests. Winner’s trophies and certificates are shipped directly from our manufacturers. Please allow 6-8 weeks for trophies, 3-6 weeks for certificates. Longer in the off-season.
Each award has an independent entry window and focus. Please see the links to each award for more information. You only need to register on the Summit Award Platform once; your registration will remain active for future entries.
You can enter the same work in multiple awards throughout the year. Each is judged on different criteria. If you need help deciding which award to enter, please contact our friendly office staff for assistance.
Entering the Summit Awards is fairly straight-forward using the Summit Awards Entry Platform.
- REGISTER – Fill-in your Contact & Company information. Click Save
- START ENTRY/UPLOAD CREATIVE – Using the pull-down fields, choose your category and then name your entry and client. Save it an move on to adding your creative work. Optionally, you can add credits for members of the creative and marketing team.
- SUBMIT ENTRY – Click Add More Entries to Cart until you are finished.
- CHECK OUT
You will be able to return and add more entries at any time up until the final deadline. They will all be associated with your Account.
The Summit Awards is the only marketing recognition organization that offers winners their own user-controlled, awards-hosted website profile. These profiles are rich with features including portfolio linking, image gallery-hosting and a built-in WYSIWYG editor for easy control and updating. These are proven successful promotional tools. The back-end controls are robust with an SEO manager and a meta tag generator to increase search engine ranking. Additionally, creating a winner profile is an opportunity to benefit from free publicity thanks to the high volume of traffic on the Summit Award’s website.
If you are a Summit Award winner, simply login to the site (bottom of any page) and then go to Winner Microsites.