Summit Marketing Effectiveness Award
Interactive displays, kiosks, presentations, press events have more flexibility in how they are presented so that we are able to share the project with the Jury in as realistic way as possible.
It can be helpful to develop a short video or a PowerPoint in order to help present the project. Other times, entrants have created a microsite taking the judges through the various phases, etc.
Trophies are custom-made per our winners’ requests. Winner’s trophies and certificates are shipped directly from our manufacturers. Please allow 6-8 weeks for trophies, 3-6 weeks for certificates. Longer in the off-season.
Summit Marketing Effectiveness Award: Judges evaluate each entry’s Brief and Creative Sample, and critique it on how well it influences, changes, or reinforces the audiences’ knowledge, attitudes or beliefs. Entries are judged against a benchmark that indicates quality effectiveness, and Silver winners compete with each for a Platinum win. This means that winners not only meet a minimum standard but also truly stand out from the crowd. Proven creative professionals with a depth of industry experience sit on these judging panels. Judging takes place in November. Entrants are notified of award results electronically, and winners are mailed a winner packet late-December or early-January.
Each category employs slightly different judging criteria, however, in general, the following is the Summit MEA judging criteria:
- The Big Idea – Strength of creative approach relative to the audience and product/service/idea 1-25 pts.
- Does it establish a feeling of want or need 1-25 pts.
- Does it move the audience closer to action through the use of creative execution and strategic planning? 1-25 pts.
- Does it influence, change or reinforce the knowledge, attitudes or beliefs of the audience? 1-25 pts.
Each award has an independent entry window and focus. Please see the links to each award for more information. You only need to register on the Summit Award Platform once; your registration will remain active for future entries.
You can enter the same work in multiple awards throughout the year. Each is judged on different criteria. If you need help deciding which award to enter, please contact our friendly office staff for assistance.
Entering the Summit Awards is fairly straight-forward using the Summit Awards Entry Platform.
- REGISTER – Fill-in your Contact & Company information. Click Save
- START ENTRY/UPLOAD CREATIVE – Using the pull-down fields, choose your category and then name your entry and client. Save it an move on to adding your creative work. Optionally, you can add credits for members of the creative and marketing team.
- SUBMIT ENTRY – Click Add More Entries to Cart until you are finished.
- CHECK OUT
You will be able to return and add more entries at any time up until the final deadline. They will all be associated with your Account.
Winning entries receive the Silver, Platinum or coveted Best of Category Awards.
The Summit Awards is the only marketing recognition organization that offers winners their own user-controlled, awards-hosted website profile. These profiles are rich with features including portfolio linking, image gallery-hosting and a built-in WYSIWYG editor for easy control and updating. These are proven successful promotional tools. The back-end controls are robust with an SEO manager and a meta tag generator to increase search engine ranking. Additionally, creating a winner profile is an opportunity to benefit from free publicity thanks to the high volume of traffic on the Summit Award’s website.
If you are a Summit Award winner, simply login to the site (bottom of any page) and then go to Winner Microsites.