The Summit Marketing Effectiveness Award (Summit MEA) allows marketing and advertising companies to demonstrate their ability to influence consumer's knowledge, attitudes and beliefs.
- Summit MEA is open to both individuals and companies of any billing size.
- All work submitted must have been completed within the last two calendar years up throught the final deadline.
- All entries must have both creative sample and brief
- Entries may not have been previously entered in the Summit MEA competition unless 51% of the work has been revised.
- All entries must be submitted for judging exactly as published, aired or implemented and may not be modified for awards. The SIA may request proof of initial production, publication and/or air date. The awards may request proof of initial production, publication and/or air date.
- A written translation or adaptation must accompany non-English entries.
- There is no limit to the number of entries a contestant may enter.
- Some entries may qualify for multiple categories; if so, treat as separate submissions.
- The Awards and its jury reserves the right to reclassify entries if incorrectly entered or are deemed to be more competitive elsewhere.
- Judges reserve the right to make no award in a category if submissions do not meet their expectations.
- All entries become the property of the SIA and cannot be returned. We respect and acknowledge the intellectual copyright of the entering firms' creative work and we will fully protect those rights.
The SIA has the distinct foresight to use world-class judges in the industry and previous top SCA, MEA and EMA winners that have the know-how to evaluate the merits of advertising effectiveness. Entries are judged against a benchmark that indicates quality effectiveness, and Platinum winning entries will compete for the Best of Category Award. This means that winners not only meet a minimum standard, but truly stand out from the crowd.
Judges evaluate each entry's Brief and Creative Sample, and critique it on how well it influences, changes, or reinforces the audiences' knowledge, attitudes or beliefs. Respected creative professionals with a depth of industry experience sit on our judging panel.
The Awards employs stringent evaluation criteria and blind judging; company names are withheld. Judging lasts from late July through August. Entrants are notified of award results electronically, and winners are sent a congratulatory packet by standard mail late-August.
- The Big Idea - Strength of creative approach relative to audience and product/service/idea.
- Strategies used to overcome barriers.
- Does it move the audience closer to action through the use of creative execution and strategic planning?
- Does it influence, change or reinforce the knowledge, attitudes or beliefs of the audience?
Who Should Enter:
Summit Marketing Effectiveness Awards offers:
Level of Awards:
- Best of Category
- Platinum – Communication that achieves the highest degree of effect.
- Silver – Communication that reaches the level of influential impact.
- Reinforce relationships with existing clients
- Attain international recognition
- Attract new accounts
- Reward employees, partners and subcontractors
- Motivate creative teams
Winning entries receive the coveted Best of Category, Platinum, or Silver Awards. Our high-quality custom trophies are a symbol of excellence, and demonstrate that your firm has achieved the pinnacle of advertising and marketing communication. Please see the award's website for the optional trophy selections available to winners.
Judges select Best of Category from among Platinum winning entries. To protect the Summit MEA and winner's integrity, the competition's bylaws limit the number of winning entries.
SIA judges from around the globe participate on our jury panels. They represent small, medium and large firms and universities, and all are tops in their fields. Judges are from entities such as: MCN, Wieden & Kennedy, Tribal DDB, Turner Studios, BBDO, Grey Advertising, Autumn:01, TBWA/Chiat/Day, Restaurant.com, Young and Rubicam, The Art Institute, New York University, Elevator, Y&R, TBWA, Ogilvy, Saatchi & Saatchi, and XM - Hong Kong.
Submission Pricing & Date Windows:
Apr 20 - June 6
June 7 - July 25
June 26 - Aug 12
|Rules & Guidelines|||||MEA Categories|||||Online Entry|||||Entry Kit|||||Dates & Fees|||||MEA Brief|